Tuesday 10 November 2015

Random Rules #2






 




Salut !

It's like late Summer here at the moment, in early November, c'est incroyable !
Needless to say, we've all been making the most of the sunshine, eating outside, sporting tees and generally enjoying the unusually clement weather. The locals keep telling me that we'll pay for it later, that we're in for a bitterly cold Winter, and they're probably right but... I listen, nod in acknowledgement and bite my lip to stop me from mentioning Here and Now.

I have been having a long hard think about my future online this past week. We're coming to the end of yet another calendar year, l've closed my shop, am changing direction with my blog to make it more "me", and heck yes, I will also be celebrating my 50th next year - that's a pretty major milestone, n'est-ce pas ? I'm still not 100% sure how I want to move forward virtually, so please bear with me for a while.

I am wondering if you still read blogs too? I do, only a handful, for their beautiful photography, original voice and/or authoritative nature, but I admit that I am often quite content to browse and post on IG, pinterest or Tumbler. 

Anyway, a few random thoughts from a busy week with the kids back at school and a garden begging for a huge dose of TLC.

I've managed to collect a few random faves, however. The web is buzzing with all kinds of exciting, inspiring work to share right now. I'd like to kick off the week with these:

Images:

Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Deborah We seem to be in a similar position..living in France, family in the UK, children at school, garden in need of tlc and a blog to write but not sure which direction to go in and of course the milestone!! And yes I do still read blogs, pin on pinterest and browse Instagram etc. Your virtual future will become clearer with time I'm sure...at least that's what I'm hoping for mine! Wishing you the best of luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It does sound like we are in very similar places. Where are you living in France? Have you been there long? I've been online a long time now - Time for a change.

      Delete
    2. Where on earth does the time go?! Sorry it's taken me nearly a month to reply!! I'm living in the Tarn and have been in France nearly 16 years. I haven't been online for long although I have followed plenty of others for a while now. I enjoy following your posts on IG...I just need to motivate myself now

      Delete
  2. Hi Deborah,

    Yes, I read blogs, actually a late bloomer. I am turning 50 next week and I've been sort of an anti-social media person until I started my own apparel line recently. I found that it has been a great tool to hear the voices of women of a certain age, not only in the US, but in Europe as well. I have yet to start blogging myself. I'm not quite ready to put myself out there.

    I've been following you on Pinterest for the past year. Love your style and minimal approach to living. France is one of my favorite places on this earth. Although I do travel there for my business, (not nearly enough!), reading your blog as well as others helps me "cope" during the time I'm in the thick of living here in the States, by living somewhat vicariously through your eyes and I thank you for that.

    I hope whatever decision you make, it's what gives you the most joy. It's our time now.

    Cheers,

    Kim
    ann-normandy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I too will be 50 next year. I love social media, it has changed my life for the better I think. I enjoy sharing all the beauty I see every day, it's one of the things that makes me tick! I am taking things easier for a while though!

      Delete
  3. My garden is needing some TLC too. It's been so wet here and I work two hours from where I live, so time to tinker in the mornings and evenings is light on. Blogs. I am unsure too. I do still read quite a few but I know there are not as many reading my little space of the world. I am unsure whether to keep my thoughts there, or journal in other ways - on paper, like I used to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yours is one of a handful that I do still read. Would be sorry to see you go.
    Faye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faye! I'm staying just taking my time deciding how to move forward!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!